Batavia, NY (February 20, 2023) – One person was hospitalized following a fire that broke out in the city of Batavia on Saturday night, February 18th. The incident happened at about 7:20 p.m. on Main Street.
According to reports, emergency crews were dispatched to the scene of a fire inside a two-family home and arrived to extinguish the blaze. The fire reportedly started in the kitchen area of the house, leaving a female resident trapped on the upper floor. Firefighters rescued the woman, and EMs were on the scene to provide assistance.
One person involved in the incident was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital in the city of Rochester to be treated for sustained injuries. At this time, their condition has not been verified.
The incident remains under investigation.
Our thoughts are with the victim and their family at this time. We hope for their full recovery.
Joanne Holcomb is an established content writer who also retains nearly two decades of experience working as a dedicated paralegal. Through the years, Joanne has firmly planted her feet in the world of law before turning her talents to writing. Using her penchant for colorful linguistics and knowledge about the legal system, she has written for law firms all across the country. She also dedicates time to many of her favorite charities. When she’s not writing, you can find Joanne walking her two beautiful goldendoodles or enjoying the vibrant nightlife in her hometown of Las Vegas, Nevada.