Hayes, VA (February 10, 2024) – An early morning fire at the Wicomico Mobile Village hospitalized one person on Friday, February 9. The Abingdon Volunteer Fire and Rescue teams arrived around 3:14 a.m. They discovered flames and smoke emanating from a single-wide trailer. Despite the fire’s concentration in the trailer’s center, firefighters controlled it by 5 a.m.
The trailer suffered significant water and smoke damage. Emergency services transported one individual to a local hospital for treatment.
The investigation into what sparked the fire is still underway, with officials looking for answers