Tennessee Local Accident Resources
Have you or someone close to you been involved in a serious Tennessee motor vehicle accident and you have found that moving forward at this time has been incredibly difficult? Perhaps you have sustained life-altering injuries, or you need the legal representation of a car accident attorney because you can no longer work and are seeking recovery. Maybe you are emotionally scarred or you are facing financial burdens like hospital bills and more while you deal with aspects on an emotional, physical, and financial level. There are community resources and professionals available to help you meet the challenges of recovery during one of the most difficult experiences in your life.
If Your Recent Accident Took Away Your Ability to Work
If you have been left unable to work due to the effects of an accident, there are many resources available to you to help you receive monetary compensation that will keep you afloat during these times. They include the following:
- Social Security Disability Benefits: In Tennessee, a program has been set up for you to receive social security disability benefits if you know that you will be out of work for under a year. This is available to all individuals who are eligible when they complete the application process.
- Supplemental Security Income: You might also be able to receive supplemental security income if you fall below the income range. For low-income families who need to rely on these types of benefits, they are available to you.
- Tennessee Bar Association: The Tennessee Bar Association can help connect you to attorneys who are able to help you with their personal injury experience.
Need help with requesting an official copy of the incident police report?
We understand the importance of obtaining a copy of your police incident report. You can contact your local police department to get a copy of your accident report. Our local attorney has agreed to provide you with a free copy of your accident report. This report will be crucial when you are seeking compensation for injuries and losses incurred in your accident.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a Tennessee car accident and you have not gotten a copy of your police report yet, let us help you get one. We are here to help injured accident victims every step of the way.
Many people feel the physical effects of an accident for quite some time. But if those effects have faded away and you have healed on a physical level from your accident, you might still feel the deep wound of emotional trauma from your accident. If you need help battling the mental trauma of an accident, we want you to follow the link below.
- The Ranch: If you have experienced a one-time traumatic event, such as a personal injury caused by a car accident, you might need help dealing with both the emotional and physical pain that has followed you.
- Trauma and PTSD Centers: There is a variety of trauma and PTSD centers available to you in Tennessee that will help you move forward after you have experienced a traumatic event. These centers will offer you the support you need in individual and group environments so that you can get back on your feet after a serious accident.
- Integrative Life Center: This program offers trauma and PTSD treatment to those who need the services the most after a traumatic event. If you are struggling to come to terms with what happened to you, we are here for you in your time of need.
Financial Hardship Assistance
The weight of legal fees, medical fees, and more keep on bearing down on you after you have been involved in an accident due to the criminal acts of another party. Perhaps you have been involved in a crime-related accident such as a hit-and-run or a drunk driving accident and you need additional help during this time.
- Victim’s Compensation Fund: The Tennessee Victim’s Compensation Fund offers financial assistance to crime victims through various programs, which can help you receive monetary compensation during one of the most difficult times of your life when you are attempting to get back on your feet. Your financial losses will be cared for.
Car Insurance Information
In Tennessee, you are required to carry liability insurance to cover injuries or damages that you cause to someone after you have been involved in a serious accident. The minimum limits of liability car insurance for the state include the following:
- $25,000 for each injury or death per accident
- $50,000 for total injuries or deaths per accident
- $15,000 for property damage per accident
If you have been involved in an accident, you might consider moving forward with a personal injury claim against a party who caused you harm. For that, you will need a copy of the police report that was made in the event of your accident. You can get started on obtaining a copy of the police report by clicking here.
If Your Accident Was Due to Drunk or Drugged Driving in Tennessee
Drunk driving accidents are some of the most serious types of accidents that happen on our roadways. Because they can cause detrimental effects to a family, you should be prepared with all the information you can receive on the driver in your accident. Here are the BAC limits under Tennessee law for various drivers:
- BAC of .08% or more for all drivers
- Zero Tolerance Policy for all of those who are under 21
- Enhanced Penalties with .20% BAC
If you have been involved in one of these accidents, you might have questions concerning where you can turn for emotional support during this difficult time. Here is a resource that you might find incredibly useful:
- MADD Tennessee: Mothers Against Drunk Driving is a nonprofit program that has been trying to put a stop to drunk and drugged driving on our roads. In Tennessee, you can find support as a victim, including a 24-hour helpline that is available to you when you need it the most.
Accident in Tennessee by the Numbers
Below, you can find a plethora of information related to Tennessee traffic fatalities that happen on our roadways. A state’s population has a huge impact on the number of fatal accidents that happen at any given time, however. In Tennessee in 2017, there were 6.7 million people living across the state. Here are some statistics concerning fatal accidents in 2016:
Fatal Accidents as a Whole
- 701 individuals killed in Tennessee
Drivers Under 18/
- 98 deaths across Tennessee
Drivers Over 65
- 228 fatal accidents across Tennessee
Large Truck Fatalities
- 112 fatal truck accidents
- 10 fatal bus accidents
- 146 fatal motorcycle accidents
Tennessee Grief & Trauma Resources
Injured in an Accident?
We can help! Our local attorney is ready to consult with you and recover the compensation you deserve!Speak to a Lawyer Now
Resources by State:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Motor vehicle crash deaths by road user type and state, 2017
Pickup and SUV occupants
Large truck occupants