Utah Local Accident Resources
Have you or someone close to you been involved in a horrific motor vehicle accident in Utah? You know that moving forward during this time can be more difficult than you expected. If you have sustained life-altering injuries, are in need of services from an experienced legal representative, or you are no longer able to work due to your injuries, you might need resources and professionals on your side to help you through this difficult part of your life. You might be experiencing pain and emotions you have never felt before or had crushing bills piling up against you. No matter the issues you are facing, there is help on your side. We want to help you meet the challenges of recovery with professionals by your side.
If a Car Accident Took Away Your Ability to Work
After a car accident, you might notice a major impact on your life. This is the case with those who are balancing a job after a serious injury. You might be entitled to monetary compensation following your accident if you have been unable to return to work.
- Social Security Disability Benefits: If you are unable to return to work at this time due to a medical condition that is expected to last over a year, you might qualify for social security disability benefits under Utah Law.
- Supplemental Security Income: SSI helps adults and children who have low income and limited resources but who need the income at this time due to the impact of a car accident.
- Wage Loss in Utah: You can check out this page if you are experiencing wage loss from an accident and need the assistance. There are many types of insurance that might be able to help you during this time.
- Utah State Bar Association: The Utah State Bar Association can help you find an attorney who specializes in the specific accident area you are seeking help with.
Need help with requesting an official copy of the incident police report?
For those who sustained injuries in a Utah car accident and would like to obtain a copy of the police report, copies are available online via the state government’s website. There is a database that injured victims can submit a request to in order to proceed with filing their claims or you can contact our local personal injury attorney to get a free copy of your police accident report.
We understand how inconvenient accidents can be, which is why we do our best to assist our clients every step along the way. If you are having trouble accessing a copy of the police report, contact us today so we can assist you by obtaining a complimentary copy.
You might be feeling the lasting effects of a personal injury even after the physical trauma has gone away. If you are experiencing emotional trauma due to an accident, there are many services willing to work with you so that you can move forward at this time.
- Trauma Awareness and Treatment Center: If you are looking to recover from emotional trauma, this comprehensive service can help you seek professional help for your every need.
- Comprehensive Psychological Services: These services in Utah can help connect you to counseling, psychotherapy, and many other types of emotional needs that will help you and your family move forward after you have experienced a traumatic scenario.
- Utah Psychological Association: The UPA will help you find a psychologist who can help you with their directory services. You can learn information about a variety of places you may have never heard of before that could be a good fit for your needs.
- Trauma and PTSD Centers: This is another comprehensive list of centers that will suit your needs when you have experienced trauma.
Financia Hardship Assistance
The weight of legal fees, medical fees, and other bills that you might have to take care of could be causing a financial burden on you and your family. It might be in your best interest to seek additional help at this time.
- Utah Victim’s Compensation Fund: If you were the victim of a crime-related accident, you might have rights to compensation through the victim’s compensation fund in Utah. You can get started on filling out an application today.
Car Insurance Information
In Utah, you are expected to carry certain amounts of liability car insurance to pay for injuries or property damage. Here are the minimum amounts of coverage that you need to carry in these situations:
- $25,000 for bodily injury per person and accident
- $65,000 for bodily injury per accident
- $15,000 for property damage per accident
- $80,000 total for bodily injury and property damage
You also have the options of optional car insurance that covers things like collision, comprehensive, uninsured, and underinsured coverages.
If you have been involved in an accident and you are interested in receiving a copy of your crash report, a Utah report is available to you. Click here to find out how you can obtain your police report, which will help you in the future when you want to file your claim for compensation you deserve.
Accident Due to Drunk Driving
Drunk driving and drugged driving incidents are some of the most devastating that happen on our roadways. If you have been involved in an accident with a drunk driver, you should know that you have options. Here are some things that you should know about BAC in Utah:
- It is illegal for drivers to operate a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol level (BAC) of .08% or higher.
- If you are under the age of 21, you are not allowed to consume any amount of alcohol under Zero Tolerance laws.
Below is a resource that can help if you have been involved in one of these serious accidents:
- MADD Utah: Mothers Against Drunk Driving is a nonprofit that seeks to end drunk and drugged driving in its tracks. It also supports the many victims of these violent crimes and helps prevent underage drinking. They have a 24-hour helpline available to you as well as many other resources that you can utilize in your time of need.
Accident in Utah by the Numbers
Below you will find necessary information related to traffic accidents in Utah. However, a state’s population has a huge impact on the number of fatalities that happen every year in Utah. The last time the state’s population was collected in Utah was 2017, where the population sat at 3.102 million people. The last time that fatal accident statistics were collected was 2017. This is what research found:
Total Fatal Accidents in Utah
- Overall 273 people killed in fatal accidents
Speed-Related Accident Fatalities
- 111 speed-related fatalities in Utah
- 43 pedestrian fatalities in Utah
- 39 motorcycle-related fatalities in Utah
Drunk Driving Fatalities
- 36 drunk driving fatalities in Utah
Bicycle Accident Fatalities
- 6 bicyclists killed in fatalities in Utah
Utah Grief & Trauma Resources
Injured in an Accident?
We can help! Our local attorney is ready to consult with you and recover the compensation you deserve!Speak to a Lawyer Now
Resources by State:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Motor vehicle crash deaths by road user type and state
Pickup and SUV occupants
Large truck occupants