Wyoming Local Accident Resources
If you or somebody close to you has recently been involved in a serious motor vehicle accident, you know that moving forward can be one of the most difficult things that you have ever had to endure. Perhaps you have sustained life-threatening injuries or need the legal representation of a car accident attorney because you have never handled a case like this before. Maybe you are seeking recovery, are emotionally or mentally scarred, or you have sustained financial burdens that you just can’t seem to handle on your own. No matter what issues you are balancing due to your car accident case, you have legal resources on your side and professionals who will help you every step of the way when it comes to your accident case. Recovery can be a challenge, but we are here for you.
If Your Accident Took Away Your Ability to Work
Sometimes, if your accident was serious enough, you could be left with the impact of missing time at work due to your accident and injuries. Luckily, there are a number of resources available to you at this time.
- Social Security Disability in Wyoming: If you have been injured in a serious accident and your medical condition disqualifies you from being able to work at this time, you might be eligible for social security disability in Wyoming.
- Supplemental Security Income: The Wyoming Department of Health offers supplemental security income if you meet the eligibility requirements. If you have limited resources and low income, this might be the best option for you.
- Wyoming State Bar: The Wyoming State Bar suggests a multitude of attorneys to you when you need their services the most. You can find an attorney that is perfect for handling your case in personal injury law.
Need help with requesting an official copy of the incident police report?
For those who need a copy of the police report after being involved in a Wyoming car accident, copies can be requested via U.S. mail or email. A small $3 fee is required, but for those who would like a certified copy will be charged a small fee of $5. We have local attorneys who are willing to get you a complimentary copy of your accident report from the police. Let us take care of the hassle for you.
We understand how important police reports are when filing personal injury lawsuits, which is why we work hard to help those in need obtain a free copy of their reports. Contact our office if you or a loved one is having issues retrieving the police report from a serious accident.
Many people believe the physical trauma is the only type that will last with you when you have been involved in an accident. They fail to realize that you might suffer on a mental or emotional level as well based on the accident that you have sustained. Even after your injuries have healed, you might still be dealing with the emotional effects later on down the line. Here are some resources that could play an integral part in your life:
- NAMI Wyoming: The National Alliance on Mental Illness can help when you are dealing with trauma due to a life-altering event, such as a car accident. If you or a family member is still struggling with the emotions surrounding an accident, you have many options as you are moving forward.
- Wyoming Department of Health: Wyoming has a trauma program that can help an injured patient from the time of injury all through the healing process as it pertains to physical and mental illness.
- PTSD Therapists in Wyoming: If you are in need of help from a licensed therapist, look no further because we have a list for you that will give you a variety of options in your time of need.
Financial Hardship Assistance
The weight of legal fees and medical fees might be bearing down on you and your family after you have been involved in an accident due to a crime. It might be in your best interest to find a way to receive compensation when you need it the most after a crime has occurred. Some of the biggest crime-related accidents include those involving drunk driving and hit-and-runs. Here is a resource that might be able to help you during this difficult time:
- Division of Victim Services in Wyoming: This is Wyoming’s own victim’s compensation fund, which can help you receive support if you were the victim of a crime-related accident. You can get started on the filing process so that you can work toward the compensation you need at this time.
Car Insurance Information
You might be in need of car insurance information and wonder what liability insurance is required for all drivers under Wyoming law. Vehicle operators in Wyoming must be insured with a liability policy with these minimum amounts of coverage:
- $25,000 liability coverage for the injury or death of one person
- $50,000 liability coverage for total bodily injury or death in an accident
- $20,000 liability coverage for property damage
Liability coverage is a necessity because it pays the medical bills, property damage bills, and a variety of other costs for drivers, passengers, and more who are involved in accidents up to your coverage limits. This can help in your desperate time of need when you have been injured and have nowhere else to turn.
If you are in need of a copy of your crash report after you have been injured, you can also obtain this information under Wyoming law. This is extremely important if you decide that you are going to move forward with a claim, as the crash report is one of the most beneficial ways to determine fault and liability. Click here for more information on how you can obtain your report.
Accident Due to Drunk Driving
Drunk driving accidents are some of the most devastating incidents that happen on our roadways due to the impact that they can have on your life and that of your family’s life. Wyoming law dictates the BAC limits for specific people on our roadways. To receive a DUI in Wyoming, here are the BAC limits:
- .02% for those under 21
- .08% for those 21 or older
- .04% for commercial drivers
If an officer suspects that somebody was abusing drugs at the time of an accident, they will give a blood test to determine this. It is always illegal to drive under the influence of any detectable amount of drugs in your system. Here is a resource to help you find support during this difficult time:
- MADD Wyoming: MADD Wyoming, also known as Mothers Against Drunk Driving, was formed to help victims of these horrific accidents at no charge. This nonprofit seeks to end drunk driving and help fight drugged driving. If you are in need of support services, look no further.
Accident in Wyoming by the Numbers
Below, you will find information concerning traffic accidents in Wyoming and the number of fatalities that happen every year. However, you have to keep in mind that a state’s population has a major impact on the number of fatalities that take place every year. In 2017, Wyoming had a population of 579,315 people. In 2016, data was collected concerning Wyoming traffic fatalities and this is what they found:
Total Fatal Crashes
- 100 fatal crashes in Wyoming across all of 2016
Total Pedestrians Killed
- 5 pedestrians killed in the entire year
Total Bicyclists Killed
- 1 bicyclist killed in the entire year
Total Fatalities from Alcohol-Related Crashes
- 32 killed in alcohol-related crashes
Total Motorcyclists Killed
- 24 fatalities involving motorcyclists
Wyoming Grief & Trauma Resources
Injured in an Accident?
We can help! Our local attorney is ready to consult with you and recover the compensation you deserve!Speak to a Lawyer Now
Resources by State:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Motor vehicle crash deaths by road user type and state, 2017
Pickup and SUV occupants
Large truck occupants